Author: Veronica Grosek, Executive Director
Guess what, Sturgis…
The 79th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has arrived! You might love it, hate it, or fall somewhere in the middle, but the bottom line is that it’s part of our community and there are great things to do and see for all types of people!
Here are TWENTY activity ideas with clickable links for the rally-goers and the non-rally-goers alike:
- Snag some FREE BREAKFAST all week at Indian Motorcycle Sturgis.
- Attend the historic Jackpine Gypsy races.
- Show your Black Hills pride with apparel from Black Hills Rally & Gold.
- Do it right – stay at a Sturgis area campground.
- Take in a concert at the Buffalo Chip.
- Get off the beaten path on our Black Hills Trails.
- Try a Sweeto Burrito at the Iron Horse Saloon.
- Grab your 79th official patch & pin at Tom’s T’s.
- Enjoy a Sturgis-brewed cold one at The Knuckle Brewery.
- Order some world-famous steak tips at the Loud American.
- Escape to the vineyard at Belle Joli’ Sparkling House.
- Join a movement – literally! – with an organized ride through the Hills.
- Get a tattoo (or at least enter your ink in the competition!)
- Learn about our native history at Bear Butte State Park.
- Cool off with a cruise down Vanocker Canyon.
- Pick up your “3 for $35” at Lazelle & Junction (yes, she’s back!)
- Witness Motorcycle Hall of Fame history at the 2019 Induction Ceremony
- Wake up early for a quiet morning on the Boulder Canyon Country Club green.
- Wake up EVEN EARLIER and snag a donut from Weimers.
- Take a day trip: Belle Fourche | Custer | Deadwood | Hill City | Hot Springs | Keystone | Lead | Rapid City | Spearfish | Wall
It’s looking to be a great week, Sturgis! As always, call or stop by for additional information about our community happenings.