Author: Danika Gordon, Summer Volunteer
Over this past summer, I have enjoyed coming into the office and volunteering on Mondays and Tuesdays to help out around the Sturgis Area Chamber of Commerce. Here’s a quick recap of some of my favorite things I got to do during my time here:
- Taking Photos Around Town: I loved being able to go around town and capturing the spirit of Sturgis even without thousands of bikers in town. There is always something going on during a normal day in Sturgis!
- Creating Pro-Tourism Flyers: The one thing I love more than living in Sturgis is being able to share it with others who come here for vacation. I enjoyed using my creative side to come up with ways to promote our city.
- Staying up-to-date with Events: Over the course of this summer, I have enjoyed keeping the Sturgis Chamber calendar up to date with all of the upcoming events in Sturgis and knowing what is always going on around town!
- Checking in on Members: Another one of my favorite jobs was being able to call some of our members to see how they were doing! I was fond of learning about their business and seeing if there was any way I could help them.
- Visiting with our Visitors: Finally, I have enjoyed being able to assist anyone that stops into the chamber by answering any questions they have and giving advice on the must-see stops around town! It’s always fun to meet people from all over the country and even the world that are all here to come see and visit our town!
I want to personally thank Veronica and Susan for giving me the opportunity to volunteer at the Sturgis Area Chamber during the heat of tourism season. I have truly enjoyed my time here, and hope to continue to volunteer for the Sturgis Area Chamber in the future!
Sturgis Area Chamber Volunteer