July 3rd, 2019
Author: Veronica Grosek, Executive Director
Well Sturgis, we
finally made it to summer! The nights are still rainy, but the days are warm
and the grass is greener than ever. Before you close your email for the
weekend, take a look at my seven recommendations for Independence Day fun in
How to Celebrate Independence Day – Sturgis Style!
1. Music on Main and Fireworks Display (Wednesday, July 3rd)
* Depending on weather conditions * The City of Sturgis is putting on its very own town celebration tonight! Stop by Harley-Davidson Rally Point for live music, food trucks, and more, then visit the rodeo grounds off Ball Park Road to see the fireworks at dusk!
2. Last chance to buy fireworks! (through Friday, July 5th)
We have a few different options this year for purchasing fireworks in Sturgis – just remember that they can only be set off in Sturgis from 8am to 10pm on July 3rd, and from 8am to 11pm on July 4th! Here are the vendor details:
Fireworks (at the corner of Main &
- July 3rd: Open 9am to 9:30pm
- July 4th: Open 9am to 9:30pm
- July 5th: Open 10am to 3pm (tentative)
Town Black Cat Fireworks (on Junction across from Best
- July 3rd: Open until 11pm
- July 4th: Open 8am to Midnight
- July 5th: Open 10am to 5pm (tentative) – Buy one, get one free!
Discount Fireworks (on Junction across from Tire
- July 3rd: Open 9am to Midnight
- July 4th: Open 9am to Midnight
- July 5th: Open 9am until business slows or inventory is out.
Campground Fireworks with Brandon Jones (Wednesday, July 3rd)
If you’re looking to get out of town and enjoy some country/rock music with your fireworks, head on out to Kickstands Campground! They have a fun evening planned tonight with the Brandon Jones Band. Their venue also features a full bar, campsites, and beautiful scenery.
4. Just For Looks Boutique Independence Day Apparel
Just For Looks has some fun and unique apparel stocked just for Independence Day! Stop by their shop at 1006 Main Street in downtown Sturgis to find your 4th of July look! They are closed on the 4th, but will be open today until 6pm, Friday from 9am to 6pm, and Saturday from 9am to 4pm.
5. Start your 4th at Sturgis Coffee Company!
Yes, Sturgis Coffee Company will be open on the 4th! Swing by anytime between 6am and 2pm to grab one of their famous cups of Sturgis-roasted coffee. Start your holiday weekend off the right way!
6. “Fill It Fresh Sale” at Lynn’s Dakotamart (Friday, July 5th)
Sturgis Dakotamart is featuring an Independence Day-worthy sale on Friday – “Fill It Fresh!” Visit the store between 8am and 6pm to fill a bag with as many sale items as you can for $20 – take your pick of fresh pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, potatoes, peaches, peppers, sweet corn, and more!
7. Check out our first Sturgis Farmers Market! (Saturday, July 6th)
The very first Sturgis Farmers Market is happening this Saturday! This will be a great opportunity to peruse local crafts, produce, and meats – make your weekend barbeque one to remember with meat raised right outside of town! It doesn’t get much more American than that.
Thank you all for supporting your local Chamber of Commerce, and we hope you have a great Independence Day!