Author: Veronica Grosek
We meet again!
I hope all of my favorite people out there in the Sturgis area have been having a great week. This week I have been busy out of the office attending the Annual South Dakota Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Pierre!
Attending conferences like these is a critical part of my position here at the Chamber. I have the opportunity to meet and network with professionals in the tourism industry across our state, and I also have the unique chance to speak with our SD legislators about the topics that matter most to Sturgis! Not to mention, my days are packed with seminars about tourism, business management, business promotion, South Dakota initiatives, new state-wide trends, and countless other topics.
Here are a few of the sessions I’ve been able to attend while in Pierre:
• To All the Economists I Loved Before – A detailed discussion regarding global, national, and regional economic performance using the most current data available.
• ROI Results in Working with the International Travel Trade/Inbound Operators – Education and training on how to build international business, specifically working with inbound operators.
• Celebrate! Lessons Learned from the World’s Most Admired Organizations – How to create happier, healthier, more connected workplaces and events; lead an organization towards increased productivity, better team performance, and more engaging events.
• The Power of Optimism – How to discover the power of optimism to create environments that enable optimism to take root and flourish – bringing out the best in people and organizations.
• Agritourism Panel – Learn why the Department of Tourism is putting a spotlight on agritourism development. Hear from a panel of agritourism business owners about their start-up methods and challenges and successes along the way.
I can’t wait to share what I’ve learned and maximize our Chamber & Visitors Bureau’s impact this year.
Sturgis Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau