Last updated: 3/31/2020 3:27 PM
Please send updates to: Events@SturgisAreaChamber.com
Open for Business
We have compiled a map of our Chamber Members that are open for walk-in and/or curbside business in Sturgis! These businesses have taken special precautions to ensure a safe and healthy environment, per the City’s and CDC’s recommendations.
As the situation is changing hourly, we recommend still calling ahead to ensure your favorite businesses are open before visiting:
Sturgis Area Postponements / Cancellations / Closures
- Akela Spa is closed until further notice.
- Aspen Grove Assisted Living – prohibiting all non-essential visitors.
- Black Hills Federal Credit Union lobbies will be closed starting Friday, March 20, 2020. View below for alternative services they are offering.
- Black Hills Rally & Gold is closed to walk-in traffic, but is accepting orders by phone (605-347-3564) or Facebook message.
- City Offices are closed as of 3/24. Click to read full details.
- Compass Point is not allowing visitors in their residential treatment center. Patient groups to be held over Zoom.
- Domino’s Pizza has closed its lobby to the public. They offer contactless pick-up and delivery options.
- Jambonz Grill & Pub is closing their bar and dining room starting at 8pm on 3/24. They still offer other options. View below to learn more.
- Just For Looks Boutique is closed until further notice.
- First Interstate Bank has temporarily closed all branch lobbies. Drive-up, online, mobile, and ATM banking is available.
- First National Bank‘s lobby is temporarily closed. Drive-up, online, mobile, and ATM banking is available. Call (605)347-4416 M-F 8am-5pm, and Sat 9am-12pm.
- Grace Lutheran Church has canceled all worship and gatherings. See below for alternatives.
- Iverson Automotive is not allowing visitors, but they will take appointments for drop-offs via phone. Keys can be deposited in the mail slot in their north door. Call 605-561-0322 for details or follow their Facebook page.
- Lincoln Day Dinner, originally scheduled for April 4th at the Armory, has been postponed to June. Date TBD.
- Love, INC‘s Annual Lunch has been postponed until further notice.
- Lucy’s Nearly New Shop has temporarily closed.
- McDonald’s – Sturgis has closed its restaurant seating areas. Drive-thru, walk-in take-out, and delivery only.
- Meade 46-1 School closures have been extended. They plan to re-open in May.
- Meade County 4-H events are canceled or postponed until further notice.
- Meade County Senior Citizens Center is closed until further notice.
- Meade County Senior Citizens Center Thrift Store is closed until further notice and is not taking donations.
- Monument Health – no visitors, vendors, volunteers, deliveries, or students allowed. View their Visitor Policy for more information.
- Monument Health Long Term Care – no visitors, vendors, volunteers, deliveries, or students allowed.
- Northern Hills Federal Credit Union is closing its lobby starting 3/26. Drive-up, phone, and mobile banking are still available.
- Oasis Bar & Fireside Lounge is closed until further notice.
- Prairie Emporium is closed to walk-in traffic, but still offers curb-side or appointments. Call or text 605-415-5335.
- Realtors for Kids have postponed their “Glitz & Glam” fundraiser to May 28th.
- Side Hack Saloon and Grill we be closed until further notice starting 3/29.
- Sabers Farmers Union Insurance Agency has closed its lobby. They are available to assist clients at (605) 347-4507 or via email.
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church has suspended all celebrations of Mass and other public gatherings until further notice. Contact the office for details.
- Sturgis Area Arts Council has postponed History at High Noon and canceled the Easter Cantata.
- Sturgis Armory is closed until further notice.
- Sturgis Center for the Arts – closed while schools are closed.
- Sturgis Chamber’s lobby is closed until further notice. We are still available at (605) 347-2556 or via e-mail.
- Sturgis Chamber’s Annual Chamber Banquet & Awards Ceremony scheduled for April 9th has been postponed. Date TBD.
- Sturgis Chamber’s mixer at Fort Meade Museum scheduled for April 16th has been postponed. Date TBD.
- Sturgis Chamber’s Home-based Business Mixer scheduled for March 25th has been postponed. Date TBD.
- Sturgis Chamber’s Ribbon Cutting and Open House for the Christians Team Keller Williams scheduled for March 27th has been postponed. Date TBD.
- Sturgis Community Center is closed until further notice. Memberships receive credits for days closed.
- Sturgis Community Showcase & Health Fair – postponed until further notice.
- Sturgis CrossFit is closed until further notice. See the below section for alternative services.
- Sturgis Frostathlon – postponed until further notice.
- Sturgis Golden K Kiwanis have suspended all meetings until further notice.
- Sturgis Guns, U-Haul, Shipping, and Storage Sheds have posted updated hours and appointment details. Click to view.
- Sturgis Motorcycle Museum & Hall of Fame is closed through the end of March.
- Sturgis Photo & Gifts is closed until further notice.
- Sturgis Public Library is closed until March 29th.
- Sturgis Soccer Association has canceled all activities until April 15th.
- Sturgis Subs has closed its seating area.
- Sturgis 3rd Thursday monthly event is canceled for March.
- The Knuckle Brewing Company‘s hours have changed. They are now open Tuesday – Sunday, 4-8pm.
- The Knuckle Saloon is closed until further notice.
- The Tattoo Cellar is operating on an appointment-only basis.
- Thomson Law has closed their lobby, but will continue to conduct business electronically and by phone.
- White Canvas Art Company is closed while schools are closed.
Alternatives / Aid Available
- Belle Joli’ Winery is now offering curb-side pick-up service for all Wine Club Members. Call (605) 347-9463 at least 30 minutes prior to your visit with details on your order. Available through 4/14 during regular hours. Indoor seating and tastings have closed, but the patio is still open, weather permitting. Bistro Menu items are available to-go. Order shipment is available.
- Bethel Church – Sturgis is offering online worship services on Sundays at 9am. Click to visit their website.
- Black Hills Federal Credit Union has extended Drive-Up, ITM and Contact Center Hours from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM Saturday. Call or text 605-718-1818 or 800-482-2428. ATMs and Online and Mobile Banking are available 24/7.
- Black Hills Rally & Gold is accepting orders by phone, Facebook message, or curbside pick-up. Curbside is available Monday (3/30) – Friday (4/3) from noon – 3pm.
- Christians Team Keller Williams has created a Virtual Home Buying Program, including virtual appointments, emailed listings, virtual video tours, electronic signing, mobile notary, and more! Contact them for further details at 605-340-0768.
- The Coffee Shop at the Hotel Sturgis is taking orders to-go! Call them at (605) 561-0116.
- County Drug continues to offer free prescription delivery in town and free mail-outs. They encourage utilizing these services for high-risk populations.
- Dogwood Lodge is offering delivery with any pet food purchase, or food/med delivery from the veterinarian with a small fee. They also offer curb-side drop-off/pick-up for grooming appointments and daycare. Home pick-up available! Call 720-1364.
- Grace Lutheran Church has canceled all worship and gatherings. They are offering radio broadcasts of their regular Sunday services – 9:00am, KBHB Radio (810 AM)
- Grocery Mart is reserving their first hour after opening (7am to 8am) for senior citizens to shop, daily. This service will be on the honor system. They are also offering their senior discount through April 12th, which includes 5% off on all orders for customers ages 60+.
- Iverson Automotive will take appointments for drop-offs via phone. Keys can be deposited in the mail slot in their north door. Call 605-561-0322 for details or follow their Facebook page.
- Jake’s Collision Repair is offering free pick-up and delivery – call (605) 347-5253.
- Jambonz is offering call-ahead, drive-thru service and delivery to vehicles in their parking lot. They will be starting their home delivery service on 3/27 at 11am! Open 10am – 6pm.
- Kickstands Campground & Venue is open for business – stop by Wed/Thurs 4pm-10pm; Fri 4pm-11pm; Sat Noon-11pm; Sun Noon-8pm.
- Loud American Roadhouse is now delivering to Sturgis and within 10 miles of Sturgis! Orders can be made online.
- McDonald’s – Sturgis is allowing drive-thru, walk-in take-out, and delivery service.
- The Knuckle Saloon is offering call-in and curb-side take-out orders. They have also spaced their seating to exercise caution, and will be serving on paper and plastic.
- Scott Peterson Motors of Sturgis is offering driveway test drives and service. They will bring any vehicle directly to your home. They are also offering to pick up vehicles for service, and will sanitize the interiors.
- Sturgis Community Center is offering credits to members for days closed.
- Sturgis CrossFit will be offering online classes via Zoom. They are also offering equipment check-out. Contact them for details.
- Sturgis Public Library offers online and digital services. They have discontinued their book pick-up service due to staff restrictions.
- Uncle Louie’s Diner is offering carry-out or curb-side pick-ups, in addition to their regular restaurant seating. They have closed their soup & salad bar.
- VA Black Hills is only allowing visitors without symptoms. Only one visitor per Veteran who requires assistance or support. Visitors must be 14 days free from symptoms after traveling. No visitors under the age of 18 are permitted, including infants.
- White Canvas Art Company is preparing customizable art supply gift baskets for pick-up or delivery in lieu of regular classes. Gift baskets can be purchased by calling (605)389-6019 or messaging via email or Facebook.
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program
- Black Hills Energy is temporarily suspending nonpayment disconnections.
- Midco is temporarily suspending nonpayment disconnections for 60 days.
- Montana-Dakota Utilities is implementing a moratorium on nonpayment disconnections related to hardships incurred from COVID-19.
- H.R.6201 – Families First Coronavirus Response Act has been signed into law as of March 18th. This bill responds to the coronavirus outbreak by providing paid sick leave and free coronavirus testing, expanding food assistance and unemployment benefits, and requiring employers to provide additional protections for health care workers.
- SD Retailers Association offers a summarization of H.R.6201 as it relates to South Dakota residents and businesses. Click to view.
- The IRS has announced that the federal income tax filing due date is automatically extended to July 15th, 2020. No additional forms are needed. Click to view details.
- SD Department of Labor is accepting unemployment claims. As of 3/30, claims should be submitted on the weekday corresponding to the first letter of the claimant’s last name:
- A-F on Monday
- G-N on Tuesday
- O-Z on Wednesday
- For those who missed their day, they can file on Thursday or Friday.
- SD Department of Labor is inviting employers with unemployment insurance questions about layoffs/closures to email DLRRADivision@state.sd.us . Employers filing unemployment insurance are encouraged to sign up for the State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) This process will help save time with such a large number of claims being filed.
- Aflac policyholders or certificate holders confined to a hospital for COVID-19 treatment may be eligible for benefits, depending on the type of coverage and treatment. For more info, visit Aflac.com.
- HUB International Insurance has published a variety of resources on their website to help businesses and individuals navigate insurance during the COVID-19 crisis. Resources include crisis planning, insurance coverage and the claims process, pay continuation/leave/employee benefits, and employer legal compliance.
- Meade 46-1 Schools have posted an updated educational guide for the week of March 23 – 27.
- Free at-home education resources from Scholastic
- Free television, web, and downloadable education resources from SDPB
- Students without internet can contact Spectrum at 1-844-488-8398 to ask about eligibility for free or discounted service.
- “Homeschooling When You Have To” Facebook group is locally-founded and welcoming new members to discuss at-home schooling.
- Comprehensive list of free online educational resources available here.
- Sturgis Kiwanis Food Pantry is located at 801 6th St. and is open 9am-11:45am MWF to those in need. They are accepting food and monetary donations – view “Opportunities to Give” below or their Facebook page for details.
- Baby formula (if not available in-store) can be acquired by calling the number on the back of your formula can.
- Christians Team Keller Williams is offering their moving truck, free of charge, to anyone volunteering food services to support the community – contact 605-644-6449.
- Meade School District is offering free lunch and breakfast bags for kids at the following locations in Sturgis starting 3/25 (Watch for the bus! Times are approximate. More locations and times throughout the district are available on the Meade School District Facebook page. Kids must be present to receive a meal):
- 10:35 – Hunter Ridge Apartments on Moose Dr.
- 10:45 – Mountain View Estates
- 11:05 – Butte Ridge Apartments on Ellen St.
- 11:20 – Meade Park at Douglas St.
- 11:35 – Sturgis Chamber of Commerce
- City of Sturgis has announced a “Good Deeds” initiative to assist high-risk residents age 60+ and/or those with chronic medical conditions by providing grocery shopping and home delivery services.
- Meals On Wheels is delivering meals to seniors ages 60+ and their care-takers. Call (605) 347-1740 or e-mail Jamie to request this service.
Small Business Aid:
- SBA has approved the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Fund Program access for South Dakota. Click to learn more. The application forms and instructions can be found here. Online application assistance can be reached at 800-659-2955. We urge businesses to apply for the EIDL as soon as possible if you feel you may need the assistance.
- The Small Business Administration has compiled information about navigating COVID-19 as a business, including SBA loan information.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has compiled a helpful list of resources for understanding and navigating COVID-19 as a business.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms – fever, cough, shortness of breath – Monument Health has provided three pre-screening options, including an assessment tool, a Nurse Triage Line, and e-visits or video visits ($59/e-visit using the key “monument”).
- VA Black Hills is screening Veterans, visitors, and employees before entering the facility. Plan for extra time if you have an appointment.
- World Health Organization (WHO) has provided general information about the COVID-19 virus, including myth busters on their website.
- Sturgis Mayor Mark Carstensen has written a letter to the public on 3/24. Click here to read the letter, along with supplemental information from the CDC.
- SD Governor Kristi Noem signed an Executive Order on Monday, 3/23 detailing a baseline for decision-making regarding the coronavirus in South Dakota.
- Call 211 for additional information about basic human needs, disaster response & recovery, mental health and health resources, employment support, disability resources, children/youth/family support, volunteer/donation opportunities.
- The Department of Motor Vehicles has asked law enforcement not to enforce certain expirations until May 1st. This includes March 2020 renewals, and temporary seller’s permits expiring March 16 – April 30 2020.
Opportunities to Give
- Monument Health Sturgis Hospital has requested our aid! If you are able to donate any of the supplies listed on this document, please call the number provided to schedule a drop-off.
- Love, INC of Sturgis has supplies available to those able to sew medical masks (visit the Monument Health website or see the document linked above for approved patterns). Call Simone at 605-920-1171 for details.
- The Helpline Center is actively compiling a list of those interested in volunteering in response to COVID-19 in the Black Hills Area.
- Black Hills Area Community Foundation has set up two funds to assist community partners with immediate needs during the pandemic – the Disaster Recovery Fund and the Food Security Fund. BHACF has granted $20,000 to Feeding South Dakota and Meals On Wheels from these funds already.
- SD Community Foundation has established a Coronavirus Response Fund, accepting donations now. The Fund will provide support to verified nonprofits and community organizations that are directly addressing the needs of those affected by COVID-19.
- The Red Cross is seeking blood donors, as many of their regular donors are currently unable or unwilling to donate in light of COVID-19. If you are willing and able to donate, please make an appointment.
- Sturgis Kiwanis Food Pantry is accepting monetary and food donations, especially the following: hamburger helper, chili with beans, beef stew, tuna, egg noodles, cereal, ketchup & other condiments. All donations welcome. Send monetary donations to Sturgis Kiwanis Food Pantry, PO Box 4136 Sturgis, SD 57785. The pantry is located at 801 6th Street. Please drop off food donations at the south alley entrance.
- Feeding South Dakota is in need of volunteers to assist with packing emergency food boxes. Volunteers will pack fresh and nonperishable food items in bags and/or boxes in assembly-line fashion at their Rapid City distribution center. Social distancing measures are being taken for all workers. Click here to sign up for a shift and learn more. Volunteers must be at least 11 years old with a parent or guardian, and volunteers age 14 and older may volunteer solo.