Let's Talk About Food Preservation!
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2021 AT 5 PM – 7 PM
HOSTED AT THE FARM STAND AT BEAR BUTTE GARDENS
20445 HIGHWAY 79, STURGIS
A free sit-down conversation focused on food preservation--canning, freezing, dehydrating, and fermenting. Kiara and Michelle have both completed the SDSU Master Food Preserver class and want to share safe food preservation tips with you. Topics to be addressed in this discussion:
- Food safety for your family
- Equipment and supplies available for home food preservation
- Pressure canning vs. hot water bath canning
- Clearing up common questions and concerns about freezing, dehydrating, and fermenting
- Information about the SDSU Master Food Preserver course
Handouts will be provided for all participants to take home. Additional food preservation hands-on workshops will be discussed and scheduled.