About Bear Butte Gardens
About Bear Butte Gardens
Bear Butte Gardens is a small-scale garden and greenhouse business, recently expanded to include a brand new Farm Stand, a commercial kitchen for rent, and a beautiful vacation rental with views of the famous Butte. Owned and operated by Michelle and Rick Grosek, the growing business is located on 120 acres about five miles northeast of Sturgis, South Dakota. Bear Butte Gardens was established in the spring of 2010 and became USDA organic certified on August 6th, 2012.
Bear Butte Gardens is a family-based business with strong connections to our community. Our son, Mike, and our daughter, Veronica, are an integral part of this business. We employ a "Diversified Organic Farm Manager" apprenticeship, certified with the SD Department of Labor. We also utilize the talents of interns from both Sturgis High School and Black Hills State University, as well as paid employees and volunteers. Community involvement and education has always been near to our hearts.
About the Farm Stand
The Farm Stand was dreamed up as an avenue to sell our own produce, meats, and other goods, but also to promote other local growers. Today, you can visit the Farm Stand every Monday through Saturday from 10am to 6pm. Browse a wide variety of seasonal and locally-grown vegetables, fruits, meats, honey, handmade goods, grains, mushrooms, and more!
About "The Cottage at Bear Butte Gardens" Vacation Rental
As part of the new Farm Stand and commercial kitchen, Rick and Michelle decided to provide the opportunity to immerse oneself in the Bear Butte Gardens way of life by also building a brand new vacation rental. This rental, called "The Cottage at Bear Butte Gardens," is available for nightly rent year-round on Airbnb and VRBO. Overnight guests can enjoy breathtaking views of famous Bear Butte, spend time in legendary Sturgis, South Dakota just a few minutes away, and peruse the goods available for sale around the corner at the Farm Stand during business hours.
Directions from Sturgis:
- Travel east on Lazelle Street. Lazelle Street turns into SD Highway 34 (also known as 206th Street).
- Travel east on Highway 34 about 3.5 miles (past Fort Meade, past Sturgis Brown High School, past Kick Start Travel Center) to the intersection of SD Highway 34 and SD Highway 79.
- Turn north (left) onto SD Highway 79 (also known as 131st Avenue).
- Travel north on SD Highway 79 about 1.7 miles.
- We are located on the west (left) side of the highway.
- If you get to Bear Butte Lake, then you are about one mile too far north.
- Farm Stand Store
- Commercial Kitchen Rental
- Vacation Rental
- Organic Certified Vegetables
- Organic Certified Vegetable Transplants
- Organic Certified Farm Fresh Eggs
- Organic Certified Broiler Chickens
- Organic Certified Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Grass-Fed, Pasture-Raised Beef
- Grass-Fed, Pasture-Raised Lamb Meat
- Sheep Skins
- Handmade Goods