We have a LOT of interesting happenings coming up in the next few weeks! Here are just a few highlights:
- "Name a Trail" Competition - Do you have a great idea for a trail name? Black Hills Trails is now accepting ideas for naming six currently un-named trails around the Sturgis area. Scroll down to learn more about this competition and submit your ideas! Submissions are due no later than 5pm on Friday, April 23rd.
- Challenge for Charities Gala (sold out!) - This first-annual event is being organized by Richelle Bruch and a team of volunteers for the benefit of a different local charity each year. This year, funds raised will help Sturgis Rally Charities and all of the civic organizations they support! Thank you to all of the local businesses and volunteers that have contributed to the cause. We look forward to seeing our fellow ticket-holders at the sold-out event this Saturday!
- World Fast Draw Contest - This contest is sanctioned by the World Fast Draw Association and sponsored by the Sturgis Area Chamber of Commerce and City of Sturgis. The event will take place May 28th - 30th at the Thunderdome and is open to the public! Scroll down to the community events listings for details on this unique international competition.
- Heartland Homestore Business Mixer - Please join us next Friday, April 23rd for a very special business mixer at Heartland Homestore! We are excited to check out their products and enjoy good conversation. They are located at 925 Junction Avenue - help us support a great local, year-round business!
- Meade County Senior Citizens Center Grand Opening - The public is invited to celebrate this grand opening on Saturday, April 24th starting at 11am at 919 Harley-Davidson Way! Enjoy a tour of the newly-remodeled facility, refreshments, and a presentation. Scroll down to the community events listings for more details!
- Sturgis City-Wide Yard Sale - There is still time to register your yard sale to be included on the map! Please contact the Chamber office for a registration form or visit our website at SturgisAreaChamber.com. Registrations are due no later than 5pm on Monday, April 26th for the event happening on Saturday, May 1st.
- Lunch & Learn: Economic Development 101 - Join us for a special Lunch & Learn event with Amanda Anglin, Executive Director of Sturgis Economic Development, on Friday, May 14th! Tour facilities at the Sturgis Industrial Park and learn about the fundamentals of business, workforce, and talent development in our area. This event is free, but an RSVP is required - scroll down to access the registration form.
- Sturgis Art Festival - We are hosting a new Sturgis Art Festival on Saturday, June 5th! Booths are open to ALL businesses and independent vendors; please make sure you include an artsy component in your booth. Visit our website or scroll down to view details and download the form.
I hope you will consider supporting these businesses and activities that seek to make Sturgis a wonderful community. As always, THANK YOU for your continued support of the Chamber and our town!